If you know you had only 12 months to live, what would you do and how would you want to be remembered? More specifically, what are the three things you want people to say about you at your funeral? Most people, don’t have an answer; I think its time we change that starting today…
Today’s episode is called: Help Me, I Can’t Seem to Find My Purpose!!
“…When people feel like they have no sense of direction, no purpose in their life, it’s because they don’t know what’s important to them, they don’t know what their values are. And when you don’t know what your values are, then you’re essentially taking on other people’s values and living other people’s priorities instead of your own. This is a one-way ticket to unhealthy relationships and eventual misery…” Taken from <https://markmanson.net/life-purpose>
If you are anything like ME, you’ve heard for years “You Need to Find Your Purpose or Passion”, but never knew what that purpose or passion was; Let me offer a few thoughts to put you on the path to your destiny. I provide a brief summary below, but you must listen to the podcast for the explanations and details.
To help you find your purpose I ask you to think about:
- What brings you passion? What do you enjoy doing? First let me explain what passion really is:
- Passion taken from [https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/passion] – “a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept”
- Understand Passion is an ‘emotion’, not a thing
- What was the last thing you did that made you completely lose track of time?
- What would you do if MONEY was not an issue?
- Opposite– What are you NOT doing:
- Because someone told you it was a sign of irresponsibility?
- Because someone told you it was stupid and you needed to get a REAL JOB
- If you had a Super Power to change/fix anything in this world, what would you do?
- This is usually a sign of something that is near and dear to your heart.
- What frustrates/Angers/Annoys you?
- Sometimes the thing(s) that frustrate you are the things you’re called to have an impact on
- What are you Jealous of?
- Know the difference between jealousy and envy
- Jealously can be a STRONG indicate of what you’re connected to and should be pursuing.
- When all else fails, Follow Your Curiosity
- Be a Hummingbird not a Woodpecker (listen to audio)
- Be open to your purpose evolving as YOU evolve.
- Understand your purpose/gift can be more than just ONE thing!
Remember to Live, Love and don’t forget to Laugh…
Thanks for listening to The Cultivation Hub; “Let’s take this journey together…”
Host, “The Cultivation Hub” Podcast
CEO, JRob United Group
Enjoyed this episode? Please show your appreciation by leaving a comment or review below
Subscribe to our Podcast, click HERE!
Twitter – @JRobUnited1
Facebook – @JRobunited
InstaGram – @JRobUnited