– Are you frustrated while trying to reach a particular goal?
– Are you about ready to quit on your dream because it seems so far away?
I have a suggestion that will put you back on track and help you see how where you are IS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT and you are missing out on the REAL PARTY;…small beginnings. Come on, let’s take this journey together.
There is a bible verse in Zachariah 4:10 that says “Do not despise these small beginnings…” The overall premise behind this bible verse is to say “Wait a minute, don’t turn your nose up at small beginnings because everything BIG comes from something small”
– Every human being is created from a small thing call a sperm
– Every fruit and vegetable is created from a small thing called a seed.
– Every home is built on concrete which is made with small items such as water, sand and a special powder called Portland cement
You’re missing the party, when you don’t appreciate the how something BIG got its start. Think about how we feel when someone we know becomes famous and only celebrates other famous people and never not one time stops to appreciate those who helped him get started, or the person who gave you the money to start that $Million dollar business you now own? Most people would resent that person and call him/her ungrateful…
Why should Celebrate Milestones/Small Beginnings
1. As Humans, we are called to GROW! “Anything that doesn’t grow eventually dies” Every milestone/win affirms an accomplishment or one more thing to check off our list. AND when you acknowledge how far you’ve come it feels better than how far you have to go.
2. GROWTH is nourished by encouragement – “Small is where BIG comes from”
3. Reminds us to give ‘thanks’ for the journey. I’m a HUGE proponent of GRATITUDE. Gratitude and Depression cannot occupy the same space, You cannot be depressed or frustrated and thankful and grateful at the same time…IMPOSSIBLE.
4. It removes the anxiety from focusing on what you DON’T HAVE! You experience discouragement when you tally up where you are with where you want to be; you’re focused on what you don’t have (the goal), instead of what you do have. That’s like being upset with having $500 when your goal is $1000.00.
how to celebrate milestones
- Call a friend
- Use social media to your advantage, please love a good success story
- Get out of your routine and celebrate in a different scene . The change of environment help you focus and be in the moment.
- Commemorate the moment – You must do some sort of action that’s like a memorial to the accomplishment.
Small Beginnings are HUGE, and never forget to celebrate them as you pursue your goals and dreams. So right now, take a minute to look how far you have come, you started at zero and look at what you have now, feel it, appreciate it, and be proud of it knowing you so much closer…Do not despise the day of small beginnings, because SMALL BEGINNINGS ARE HUGE.
Remember to Live, Love and Laugh…Jeff Robinson