cHub003 – For The Love of Maya Angelou – My Favorite Quotes
Wassup everybody? This is Jeff Robinson and welcome to The Cultivation Hub, a new show where our intentions are to ‘Add Value’ through Education and Inspiration, while having some fun along the way. I believe that every human being has great potential and we want to be the resource that gets you there. So welcome to the family, let’s take this journey together.
Listen to this clip from Dr.Maya Angelou, taken from Oprah’s Masterclass.
This Episode pulls out some of my favorite Maya Angelou quotes and the impact they have had on my life.
- When People show You Who They Are Believe Them, the first time
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel”
- Never make someone a priority, when all you are to them is an Option”
- When you Learn, Teach, when you Get, Give”
- Try to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud
- I do not trust people who don’t love themselves and yet tell me, ‘I love you.’ There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt
- “We sometimes think that we can be better than another person. The truth is no human being could be more human than another human being. You can be younger and prettier and finer and richer, but you can’t be more human.”- Dr.Maya Angelou – I Am Human, I am a Human, NOTHING HUMAN can be alien to ME
- When you know you are of worth, you don’t have to raise your voice, you don’t have to become rude, you don’t have to become vulgar; you just are. And you are like the sky is, as the air is, the same way water is wet. It doesn’t have to protest.
“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
We all have days when we’re feeling a little”cloudy.” It’s worth remembering that you have the power to brighten someone else’s gloomy day with an act of kindness — a helpful gesture, an encouraging word, or maybe even just a smile. Who knows? Maybe the next time you have a cloudy day, you’ll find a “rainbow” of your own.
Host, The Cultivation Hub Podcast
CEO/Founder, The JRob United Group